Mommys! Are you like me and default to tying your hair back in a tight bun to avoid doing it and to keep it out of baby fingers? Trust me! I would rather have a bun in my hair than have Baby G rip a chunk out because he’s still learning that hair pulling isn’t very fun! Except, tying your hair back isn’t very healthy for your postpartum hair, or overly stylish in any sense of the word!
What is a mom to do?
Two words: Bun Form
That’s right! Use a bun form to give your Mom Bun an overhaul!
What you’ll need:
– Goody Bun Form
– 1 Elastic
– Hair Brush
– Bobby Pins (optional)
Here’s what you’ll do (from our hotel in Calgary!):
– Brush your hair and put it in a ponytail (whatever height you want!)
– Take your bun form and pull it over the ponytail and spread your hair over the front
– Pull your hair around the bun form through the inside with your finger, continue until all hair is through
– Spread your hair around the bun form so it is entirely covered
– Optional: Bobby pin any loose hairs into place
– Voila! All done!
You now have a hairstyle that won’t have to be adjusted constantly throughout the day, won’t pull on your hairline so hard, and most importantly, is out of the way of baby fingers!
What are YOUR favourite Mom Hair hacks! I’m collecting more! Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,