I’m sure you’ve been on social media and come across ads for the Wish App, an app that sells a wide variety of products at extreme discounts (think a $30 item for $2). You’ve likely looked at these ads and thought to yourself that it must be too good to be true, and it must be a scam. I can tell you I have successfully ordered a lot of things from the Wish App, and I’d like to give you some tips, and a code for up to 50% off your first order!
A few things to consider:
1. Wish has a similar format to Amazon, there are many sellers in many locations, all using the app as their selling platform
2. All of the items come from somewhere in Asia, so ship times may be lengthy (they usually quote roughly 30-40 days) so take that into consideration for any events you need those items for
3. Majority of the items will come in packaging with the sender’s language on it, so if you are requiring something that you need the written instruction for, you may want to look elsewhere
1. Read the product and shop reviews: Wish rewards customers with points towards coupons for reviewing items and the stores that sell them. You will be able to see from other customers the quality of the item, the customer service of the shop and how the sizing compares to the description. As with all online shopping, be wary of items and shops with no reviews, they may be too new and untested by others.
2. If you want to save an item for later, add them to your wish list, not your cart: I’ve noticed that if I add something to my cart and come back later, there are times the price has risen. Make a wish list and add to cart later.
3. When ready to order, add all of your items to your cart and X-out if your cart: Wish will offer you a coupon to entice you to check out right there, you can get up to 15% off each time by doing this (may not be available to combine with other coupon codes, I have not tried that)
4. Just pay shipping!: from time to time in your searches you will see items go for free, and you just have to pay the $3-$6 shipping cost, if it is something you’ve been looking for, snatch it up right away! Those sales don’t last long.
5. Login to Wish every day!: Wish has a daily login Bonus to earn stamps towards coupons for future orders, once you hit 7 stamps, you get a coupon!
5. Wish has a GREAT refund policy, if an item does not show up, open an inquiry and they will refund you within 5 business days. An outfit I ordered for G never arrived, and I opened an inquiry with Wish Customer Service, they asked me if I was willing to wait a week to see if it arrived, and if at that point it didn’t arrive they would refund me. A week later, it still hadn’t arrived and I reached out to customer service again, they told me it would take up to 5 business days to get my refund and I had it in 3. I turned around and used that money for a few stocking stuffer items for Christmas!
Consider Wish for your:
1. Stocking Stuffers
2. Craft Supplies
3. Costume pieces
6. And more!
*by using this link/promo code I may receive a coupon when you place your first order*
Do YOU order from Wish? What tips do you have? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,