Hello everyone! It’s my birthday! And not just any birthday, it’s my 30th birthday! I’ve decided to come at you every day for the next 7 days, with a birthday week series! Then it will be back to regular scheduling.
Here are some thoughts I have about turning 30 (some random, some life lessons):
1. How have I been on this earth for 30 years?
2. I’m not as depressed about this as I expected
3. This decade is going to be WAY different than the last
4. I wonder how many more dogs and babies I can add to this family? 😂
5. I never want to go back to a traditional job after being home with G
6. I can’t wait for you all to see the products I’ve been working on for my Etsy shop! I will relaunch mid-to-late January
7. I should probably start exercising again
8. I need to get really good at building things with blocks and LEGO so I can be amazing at it for G
9. Time to start chiseling away at my ultimate to be read list
10. I really need to leave my house more often
11. I’m so glad I don’t drink the way I used to anymore
12. There’s nothing wrong with buying wine because the label speaks to your soul that day
13. Remember: When people tear you down, it says little about your character, but it says a lot about theirs.
14. Life is boring if you never eat that burger
15. I will never regret going to the expensive school that I went to and that my intended career path fell flat on it’s face – I love the woman who came out of that school better than the gel who went in, and that is worth the debt I put myself in (and paid off in full in 2018!)
16. Waiting to get pregnant with G until I did was the best decision I ever made, I was more mature, with a more mature person and we were in the right place for our family
17. It’s cliche but cutting toxic people from your life improves it more than any self care routine can, because those people will tear you down any chance they get. Life’s too short for bad friends
18. The thing that brings me the most joy is watching G experience things for the first time, watching the excitement and wonder on his face is just a feeling that can’t be replaced
19. Regardless how hard new musicians try, there will be no decade of music better than the 80’s, it’s a fact!
20. I’ve started to avoid movies and tv shows that make me feel sad or mad after they are done, soon my viewing habits will be full of musicals, rom-coms and Christmas movies!
21. It is seriously important to take time for yourself every day, how can you take care of others when you are burnt out?
22. There is no problem that a cup of tea can’t help
23. It fills and breaks your heart at the same time every time your child learns something new, because it means they are no longer your little baby
24. There is nothing wrong with your life revolving around your small children, you are their whole world and they will never be that small again
25. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of clutter
26. Housework sucks, but it sucks more if you leave it too long. Blast the tunes and get it done!
27. ‘Guilty pleasures’ should not refer to anything that is legal, because you shouldn’t have to act ashamed about the things you enjoy
28. Majority of the time, if someone is telling you how to act, look or live – it’s not for your sake, it’s for theirs. As long as you aren’t hurting yourself or others, live your life however you please
29. You aren’t too good for coupons, save your money for fun things!
30. You are special, it may not be to every person on the planet, but you are special to the people around you!
How do YOU feel about your birthday and Major ‘milestone’ birthdays? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,
2 thoughts on “30 thoughts about turning 30”
39 was a hard Birthday for me but I think that’s mostly because it’s 1 year before a milestone. But I don’t think turning 40 will hit me as hard 🤞
LikeLiked by 1 person
25 was hard! Haha I cried that day! But 29 I was too tired seeing G was 3 months old