Welcome to another edition of my Twelve Days of Christmas! The funny thing about these blog posts is that we are currently travelling and visiting family, and having a super busy holiday season. I am fortunate enough to be a Stay at Home Mum with G, so we started our Christmas activities shortly after Remembrance Day. It also means that I had the chance to write and queue all of these posts before we even left on our trip!
As any toddler mom knows all too well, you’ve reached the stage where you are constantly needing to come up with new stuff to entertain your kid(s) but they have not mastered the art of doing anything in a clean way. It means that every time you play, craft, eat or bathe – there is a mess to be cleaned up afterwards! While I do let G go crazy with some stuff, having mess-free craft options are also amazing! So let’s get to this SUPER easy, minimal clean-up required Christmas craft!
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission if you purchase any products through links in this post. However, I only promote products that I truly love and stand behind. Read my full disclaimer HERE*
- Clear Christmas Ornaments
- Acrylic Paint
- Clear Glue or Floor Wax
- Tape to cover the opening
1.This one is super easy, pour your selected paint into the clear ornament, tape the top and shake!
2. Turn the ornament upside down over a egg carton or solo cup to drain the excess and dry. Decorate as desired. I glued a sparkly “G” to this one.
- This one is *slightly* more complicated, but barely. The preferred method for these ornaments is the Floor Wax, but I didn’t have any of that so I used clear glue. The trick here is to make sure glue gets ALL over the inside of the ornament, because the glitter needs something to stick to. it takes a bit of patience, but the result is great!
- As before, once the glue is in place you can pour your desired glitter in and shake until it is all deposited, and turn upside down to drain the excess.
- Then hand and decorate as desired. I left the glitter ones just like this!
G was very excited for his ornaments!
What do YOU like to do with clear Christmas ornaments? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,